For Draper Dentist Dr. Faddis
Dr. Faddis will recommend how often to have routine checkups. Most patients visit twice per year to maintain optimal health and esthetics. During your routine visit, Dr. Faddis will examine your teeth and gums for signs of tooth decay, Gum disease, and other health problems.
During Your Visit
- Our dental hygienist will begin to clean your teeth by scraping hard mineral buildup (tartar) off of your teeth with a small metal tool. Then the hygienist will floss your teeth, use a polishing compound, and apply fluoride. Cleanings usually aren’t painful.
- Occasionally Dr. Faddis will want to take X-rays. We have incorporated digital X-rays into our office so they are done faster and with less exposure to radiation.
- If necessary, Dr. Faddis will put a sealant on the chewing surface of your back teeth to help prevent cavities. Sealants keep food and bacteria from getting stuck in the rough chewing surfaces or grooves of your teeth, and they protect your teeth from plaque.
- We may also apply a fluoride solution directly to your teeth to help prevent tooth decay. For some patients, a series of fluoride applications may be necessary.
If you are prone to infections, or if infections are particularly dangerous for you, you may need to take antibiotics before you have some types of dental work. You may need to take antibiotics if you:
- Have certain heart problems that make it dangerous for you to get a heart infection called endocarditis.
- Have an impaired immune system.
- Had recent major surgeries or have man-made body parts, such as an artificial hip or heart valve.
If you have active tooth decay or gum disease, your Dr. Faddis will talk to you about changing your brushing or flossing habits. In severe cases, he may recommend antibiotics or other dental treatments. Your mouth is the gateway to your body. Gum disease can contribute to a number of health problems including heart disease, diabetes and pregnancy related complications. Don’t sacrifice your dental health. Contact us today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Faddis.